We have all seen the sign or newspaper ad: FREE KITTEN!!!!. However, we all know that nothing in life is really free. If you are going to be a responsible pet owner you know there are shots, tests and a spay or neuter surgery in that kitten’s future. So how much is that ‘free’ kitten going to cost you?
|Testing for Feline Leukemia and FIV||$45.00||$45.00|
|FVRCP vaccinations ( three are needed)||$45.00||$45.00|
|Ear mite Treatment||$12.00||$12.00|
|Worming not including tapeworms||$15.00||$15.00|
*The above charges are averages from 4 different veterinarians.
Rescuing Animals In Need’s adoption for a cat or kitten is $95 and we do the following:
* All cats and kittens are tested for Feline Leukemia and FIV ( Kittens may be litter checked or Mom cat is tested)
* All cats and kittens are spayed or neutered
* All cats and kittens have had vaccinations up to date. ( This may include 3-FVRCP, 2 Leukemia, and Rabies , depending on age of cat or kitten and how long it has been in our group)
* All cats and kittens have been treated for ear mites and ears cleaned
* All cats and kittens have been wormed ( wormed if needed for tapeworms)
* All cats and kittens have had Advantage or other flea prevention.
Rescuing Animals In Need takes pride in the adoption of healthy , well cared for cats and kittens.